You can help push for better palliative care in NSW by adding your signature to our petition. Over 75,000 people have signed already. The result so far has been a debate in Parliament and some headway in the roll out of end-of-life packages across the state – but more must be done. Please don’t underestimate the power you have!
To add your signature, please follow these instructions:
- Access the petition here.
- Print off a copy and add your signatures. Signatures will only be accepted by Parliament if they are on the front of the page, and with the petition statement and request printed at the top. If you need more space for signatures, please print off multiple copies.
- Mail your signed sheet(s) to the address printed at the bottom of the petition. Email or faxed copies are not accepted by NSW Parliament.
Thank you for your signatures and your support. We will strive to keep you informed on the progress of the campaign.
Petition Statement and Request
The Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of NSW. The petition of residents of New South Wales brings to the attention of the House:
- Gross deficiencies exist in the availability of palliative care services for adults and children in many parts of the State, particularly in regional and rural areas but also in acute hospitals, aged-care facilities and for patients in their own homes.
- There are inadequate funds available to support the training of sufficient palliative care workers (nursing, medical and allied health) to service the existing & rapidly increasing need.
The undersigned petitioners therefore ask the Legislative Assembly to:
- Provide for sufficient palliative care services to meet the existing and anticipated future demands for such services in all areas of the State and in all types of institutions or other places where such services are required; and
- Provide additional funds to support training of palliative care workers.